This Berkey Base™ comes with eight bright cobalt blue lights and rechargeable batteries. The LED lamps make the perfect night-light, emergency light, or camping light. The LED lamps are directional so the base can also be used as a stand-alone emergency flashlight. Cobalt blue is designed with beauty in mind and is for use in situations where it is desirable to enhance the ambience of the surrounding atmosphere. It is simply beautiful.
The height of the Berkey Base is 5.125″ and the diameter is 8 5/8″.
- LED lights are unique in that they require very small amounts of energy and yet are very bright, in fact, the LED’s can be spotted for over one mile in dark environments. This enables the LED to be illuminated all night long on a single charge of the internal rechargable batteries.
- The Berkey Base comes complete with a 110V AC adapter allowing the base to be powered by a standard 110V AC current. (To use outside the US, a Step Down Voltage Converter may be required; please check your local voltage requirements first). When the LED’s are switched off, the 110V AC adapter automatically begins recharging the batteries.
- When utilizing the optional Berkey Battery Adapter case, the low energy LED’s will provide light (8 hours per night) for approximately two weeks on a single set of four AA alkaline batteries. Incredibly, you get two weeks of emergency light for the price of one set of small AA batteries.
- When standard electrical power is unavailable, the optional Berkey MP Solar Charger can be used to recharge the Berkey Base batteries during daylight hours for later use at night. The Berkey MP Solar Charger also has its own internal batteries which can also be used to power the Berkey Base™ or other aplications.
- Please note that The Berkey Base LED lights have no effect on the purification process.